Sunday, May 16, 2010

What's your PASSION??? By Donna L J


When we were younger, we were often asked the question "What do you want to be when you grow up?" We usually answered with the career titles that seemed "cool" such as fireman, Doctor, Nurse, Superstar, Athlete...etc. We loved playing office and trying our best to imitate what we saw on TV or in our households. Once we get to high school and indulge ourselves in various activities that interest us.. we begin the process to slowly narrow down what we want to become in our futures.

My mind often changed a zillion times when making life decisions. I always knew that I never wanted to limit myself and that I always wanted to be supremely happy at what ever career I found myself locked into as an adult. So I challenged myself to go after anything I felt I wanted to do, even if that meant having more than one job. I knew I would have to find the formula to being super busy and STILL being happy.

I stepped out and started my radio career in college, then I managed my dad's art business, also I wanted to get serious about my songwriting so I pursued a music career. So now I'm doing them ALL at once. It may not seem like a lot but it definitely is a challenge. I made sure not to commit myself to anything that wouldn't fulfill my happiness, because then I wouldn't give my ALL. I realized the only way I would be happy in my career life is if I pursued things that I was passionate about.

What are you passionate about, is it cooking, eating, singing, making people laugh, teaching, computers...whatever it may be, are you taking the steps to pursue your passions?? Or are you stuck being unhappy?? It is NEVER to late to do what you love to do, nothing or no one can stop you. BUT you definitely can stop yourself. I CHALLENGE YOU to take the steps to pursue your passion and do what you LOVE to do!!

-Donna L J

1 comment:

  1. This was an excellent post. I finally am on the path to my dreams. It's tough but I know I will get there.

    ReplyDelete