Monday, April 19, 2010

SELFISH or SELFLESS...By: Donna L J


Since I was a child I was always unselfish. I found it delightful to give something that I had to someone else. Maybe it is because I cherish everything everyone gives me, So maybe i feel they will do the same. Being unselfish or selfless is something that seems to get old with time. More people are concerned about themselves and less concerned about the welfare of others.

Some people find that my acts of kindness are weird, they feel I am TOO nice. Which is very awkward because you would THINK that being nice was a GOOD thing. But often times I am criticized for my kind gestures and caring heart. Which in retrospect hurts my feelings which further more shows my "emotional" side.

So I have been thinking and I have come to some conclusions! I know A LOT of people that are SELFISH. They are inconsiderate of others, they look out for themselves, they forget important things if it doesn't concern them, they LOVE attention, they have no problem putting others down if it means making them "look" better, they judge people to no end, they will use other people as stepping stones to get themselves to where they want to be, they do things with out considering how it will effect other people.

In my pondering, I realized those aren't characteristics that I want to portray. My character is all I have to present in this life. I want to make sure that being loving, kind, thoughtful, caring, sweet, selfless, and happy are all character traits that I display daily. At the end of the day it makes me feel awesome knowing that I brightened someone else's day from being unselfish.

WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD INSIDE BEING SELFISH....OR SELFLESS?????

-DONNA L J

No comments:

Post a Comment